Beroepsbeeld: waar werk je en wat doe je?The PCI DSS Foundation Training Course outline
Developed by a QSA (Qualified Security Assessor), this one-day Foundation course has been designed for people who want to learn how the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is implemented. It outlines the importance of the Standard to all organisations processing, storingtransmitting credit card information.
This one-day introduction course, fully updated for the PCI DSS v3.2, provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of PCI DSS compliance, and delivers practical guidance on how it applies to your organisation.
By attending this course, you will gain a clear understanding of the various requirements of the PCI DSS and discover the intent behind each of its requirements. It will enable you to understand what is required for compliance before your organisation undergoes an assessment. Practical guidance and real-world examples will be given, providing students with a basic understanding of what the Standard is all about.
The benefits of the PCI DSS Foundation course
It is important for any organisation that accepts card payments to educate its employees involved in PCI DSS compliance. By undertaking this training course, attendees will:
- Learn how to understand and implement the various requirements of PCI DSS, reducing the risk of any possible data breach;
- Understand the different levels of compliance required by merchants and service providers;
- Gain an understanding of the controls necessary for your organisation to be able to safely handle cardholder data; and
- Learn the process for reporting compliance (self-assessment and audit).
OpleidingsinhoudWhat does the PCI DSS Foundation course cover?
- Outline of payment processes
- PCI DSS eco-sphere
- Why the PCI DSS?
- Where does it apply?
- The six control objectives
- The 12 requirements
- Compliance enforcement
- Remediation and non-compliance
- Compliance structures
The course agenda:
- The purpose of the PCI DSS and the requirement for protection of cardholder data.
- PCI DSS objectives and intent.
- Related PCI standards and programmes.
- Understand how PCI DSS compliance is enforced by the payment brands.
- Compliance needs for merchants and service providers. Explanation of the different levels.
- Understand how compliance to the Standard must be reported by merchants and service providers.
- Overview of the 12 standard requirements.
Toelatingseisen: wat heb je nodig?There are no pre-requisites for sitting this course. This course is suitable for non-technical staff and no prior knowledge is required.
KostenWhat’s included in this course?
A professional training venue;
Lunch and refreshments;
Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file); and
A certificate of attendance.