Beroepsbeeld: waar werk je en wat doe je?Business Roles
In various company roles, students can find a job as assistant manager in (international) companies such as international wholesalers, production companies and services. The assistant manager is enterprising and creative in order to implement commercial insights into import and export. The assistant manager works in different cultures and knows how to deal with international laws and regulations in order to achieve sales goals.
What makes this program so special?
- Accelerated MBO4 program in onetwo years;
- International BTEC3 college program;
- Average groups of 15 students;
- Positive and ambitious fellow students;
- Good balance theory and practice: morning: working colleges, afternoon: practicum;
- Homework supervision during the practical;
- Teachers who also work professionally in practice;
- Ability to do an internship abroad;
- English spoken: the best preparation for access to the BSc International Business program and a position at international companies.
- Dutch, English and Math.
- Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Managing an Event, including Effective Project Management;
- Investigating Retail Business;
- Research and Plan a Marketing Campaign;
- Sales Techniques and Process, also including: Investing Consumer Services;
- Business Finance;
- Relationship Marketing;
- Principles of Management;
- Business Internship / Professional Practice Training BPV.
- Dutch, English and arithmetic.
- Business Decision Making;
- Exploring Business, also including: Pitching for a New Business;
- International Business: also including Procurement, Logistics and Export Planning;
- Financial Statements for Specific Business, also including: International Law;
- Macro and Meso EconomicsBusiness Spanish;
- Cost and Management Accounting;
- Business Ethics, also including Business and Environmental Sustainability;
- Business Etiquette and Intercultural Business;
- Internship / Professional Practice Training BPV / Work Experience in Business.
The options are:
- Entrepreneurial Behavior (K0072) and
- Personal Profiling (K0877) and
Toelatingseisen: wat heb je nodig?The admission requirements:
The Kronenburgh International Business program MBO4 / BTEC3 is primarily intended for students who want to be trained as an assistant manager within international businesswho want to move on to an HBO BSc International Business program.
The admission requirements are:
- Dutch education system: “vmbo TL / mavo”. Also a transition certificate “havo 3> 4” gives access to the program. Our training is at the level of “havo 4-5”.
- International system: students from international schools after 4 years of secondary level 2 education in the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning (EQF). Our training is at level 4 EQF.
Other admission criteria can be discussed.
To ensure that students are successful in the Kronenburgh International Business Program in which students are both taught and assessed in English, it is crucial that they have an appropriate level of English proficiency.
Students for whom English is not the native languagewho have not studied English in the last two years can demonstrate in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below:
Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level A2 (with good grades, so preferably B1B2)
IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5equivalent.
If the student is not at the right level of English, follow an English course at Kronenburgh Language College in The Hague.
Some training modules / units, for example accounting and finance, require math skills and we strongly recommend that all students:
Dutch education system: Rekenen / Wiskunde en Economie.
International Education system: an A * to C grade GCSE Maths and /9 to 4 in GCSE Maths, prior to starting the course.
KostenKronenburgh is a private college, therefore there is nog governmental school funding.
College fee per year € 3.995,- (Optional pay in 10 instalments per year € 410,-) (College fee includes: registration fee, introduction fee, flight and hotel costs study trip).
Study materials: first year € 775,- (based on 2018-2019) / Study materials second year € 580,- (based on 2018-2019) see Studystore (Kronenburgh HBO) for the actual costs. It is possible that additional material will be charged.
You bring your own laptop. We work with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint (full software versions, so no free of limited versions)) minimum of 8 ram working memory and usb port.
You have a representative business suit.
BijzonderhedenThe Kronenburgh International Business Program MBO4 / BTEC3 can result in two diplomas:
- the MBO4 International Business diploma; and
- the Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business.
Approved education by the Dutch Ministry of Education, crebonumer: 25133 Assistant Manager International Wholesale (Dutch diploma for vocational education internationally recognized EQF4).
You will receive the MBO4 diploma when you have passed the training modules, you meet the ‘slaagzakregeling’, the internships are sufficient, the Career and Citizenship obligation has been met and you have passed the practical exam.
The modules are assessed using an assessment scale from Distinction (D), Merit (M), Pass (P) and Unclassified (U). All modules contribute proportionally (depending on the size of the module) to the general qualification level.
To get a qualification, you must complete all modules (1080 GLH), obtain a Passhigher in all required modules. 180 GLH only allowed in U-class of other (non-compulsory) BTEC3 modules.
Our MBO4 diploma / BTEC3 diploma is accepted by international universities and higher education institutions.
Further education in the Dutch system: Commercial Economics, Small Business and Retail Management and Sales and Account Management, Economics and Law Management, International Business.
The best continuation is the HBO Bachelor BSc in International Business offered by the Kronenburgh International Business School.
Continuing education International system:
- Higher national diploma in business HND;
- BSc (Hons) in Business and Management;
- BA (Hons) in Business and Finance;
- BA (Hons) and BSc (Hons) in Business Administration;
- BSc (Hons) in international management;
- BSc (Hons)BA (Hons) in Marketing;
- BSc (Hons) in Retail Management.
Further education providers can adjust the admission requirements.
In the part-time course we provide first-year lectures on Tuesday afternoon and evening. The second-year lectures on Thursday afternoon and evening. The third-year lectures are on Wednesday afternoon and evening.
College times: 1.30 pm to 8.50 pm.